To the south of Colorado College on the wide, tree-shaded Cascade Avenue stands a small, English-style cottage built in 1873. This cottage was the home of the Henry McAllister family that was influential in the establishment of Colorado Springs. It was opened to the public as a museum in 1961 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
  • Home
  • McAllister Foundation
  • Seeking a Director for the museum
  • State Historic Fund Grant: Foundation Stabilization and Masonry Restoration
  • Visit Museum
  • History
  • Teas and Events
  • Carriage House
  • Educational Tours
  • Become Involved
  • Links
  • Latest News
  • Photo Gallery


  • McAllister House will always be a part of the wonderful memories we made in Colorado Spings
    Gabby and Angie

    Architect George Summers

    KMBT_C364-20130715132716

    and his wifeKMBT_C364-20130715132716